What is The Hazards Forum’s Agenda?
The Hazards Forum’s agenda is to:
- promote the Public understanding of Risk;
- promote the understanding of specific technological and natural hazards;
- identify key lessons from catastrophes;
- work for the application of risk reduction and control strategies.
This agenda is primarily, but by no means exclusively, focused on the UK and is aimed at professional communities and the public.
- providing a high level forum for reasoned debate;
- arranging discussion meetings for opinion formers and experts;
- providing and contributing to education material;
- seeking close working relationships with other Learned Societies and Institutions involved with risk issues such as The Royal Society and The Royal Academy of Engineering.